This is an analysis of the poem Feeling 'Whole' I Do! that begins with:
To live is to learn and to grow...up!
Here I am at 62 and I tell you this......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbcab XXXX Ddcd XbDeXfbeeXX eaacfggg bece dDXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,4,11,8,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010011010 1111111110 111010010 110 100101 11101010 001101010 0011011 11101101 111111111 0010010110010 101011 01010101 101001101 1000100101101 110010111 110101101 101011 10010000 1110101 00101011 110101001 00101101 01011101 01010101 1 1110010111 000010 100101001 0001001100 111100 111101 010010101 010100111 010101101 01011001 1101100 001010001 1 101011 10010101 11
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, to, with, one are repeated.
The author used the same words to, and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Feeling 'Whole' I Do!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.