This is an analysis of the poem Farewell that begins with:
It's not so easy to, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCBDBE aBffgf XfdX XXgX XX aBCBDBE aBCBDgfXcaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,6,4,4,2,7,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 011100 111 011100 10111 1010101 0010 11 011100 11010001 111101 11101001 1010110111 010011001 10000101 11110 10111 0101 1101010 110010 101100 110111 010010 11 011100 111 011100 10111 1010101 0010 11 011100 111 011100 10111 101001 10 011100111 11 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, so are repeated.
The author used the same word farewell at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same words ', good at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Farewell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.