This is an analysis of the poem Expectations Of A Hospitality that begins with:
Let's make this clear,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbcda dbedcce X Xded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 011 11101 1001011 010100 111110101 1111101010 1 10101110011 010100010100 1011 11110111 0100101 0101101100 11111011 1 1010101 1101010 10000100111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Expectations Of A Hospitality;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Those Sexual Innuendos
- Analysis of Nothing We Say Or Do Goes Unheard
- Analysis of Leave Those Cranky People Alone