This is an analysis of the poem Exceptions And Expectations Awaited that begins with:
Exceptions and expectations awaited,
Can deflate those believing......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXXXa cacXdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01011010010 1011010 1010100110100 010111111 1111 00100100111 0101001001 1111111 101 11001001001 01010101 111100100011 0111101110010 01100111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Exceptions And Expectations Awaited;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Live To Adventure
- Analysis of Getting Old And Bolder
- Analysis of Is It Fact Or Fiction