This is an analysis of the poem Each Time You Disagree With Me that begins with:
I just love to mess with you!
The only thing I dislike, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdbdbddXXdcccddaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 0101101 0011111 11100101 11101 1001111 1 101110101 11111011 1 01110011 11111110111 11 111100101 011110111101 01110101 111001100101 11 1110101 101011100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 577
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Each Time You Disagree With Me;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.