This is an analysis of the poem Each Day You Live that begins with:
Give thanks and be grateful....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXeafXXeagXfcgabgd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 21,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 111010 11011 110110110 1111010110 11110 0110 01111011 10111010110 101100101 10010 100 10011011 1111 011001 11100110 111001 11100 101100010001111 111 11101110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 592
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase you connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Each Day You Live;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.