This is an analysis of the poem Don'T Say Oops Or Stay Mute that begins with:
Because you don't sit drinking vodka,
With a twist of lemon peel....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDEB FGBHI BHI JGEK Xjk kL JGEK ABCDEB FGBHI BHI JGEKXkkL
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,3,4,3,2,4,6,5,3,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011111010 0010101 101010 10101 11 11 1100010 11010111 1101111 01010 1111101 1101111 01010 1111101 111 111 1101 11101 11011110 001 11111 11011011 1111110101 111 111 1101 11101 011111010 0010101 101010 10101 11 11 1100010 11010111 1101111 01010 1111101 1101111 01010 1111101 111 111 1101 11101 1101 1011 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same words i, don't at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word take at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Don'T Say Oops Or Stay Mute;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Races Run And Done Just For Fun
- Analysis of Lieing Would Not Be To Your Benefit
- Analysis of Mindset Insensitized