This is an analysis of the poem Don'T Let My Confidence Offend that begins with:
Don't let my confidence offend....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCCCBD adXeXef aBCCCBD Xgfdfgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11110001 10111111 011010 1111111100 10101101 001000 101000110000010 10 0001 111010110100 1 100100101100 1110001110101 1 11110001 10111111 011010 1111111100 10101101 001000 110 01010011 1110 101010101011 1101011111 010101111010 0110010100011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Don'T Let My Confidence Offend;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.