This is an analysis of the poem Don'T Be So Quick To Pick Them Up that begins with:
I think I've said enough,
About the importance of letting things be......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXb XcbaaX XXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111101 01001001010 111 010100010 101010101110 100100101011 101100111001010 0011111 10010010111 11100111 1110101010010 10110101 11110111 10111 1010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, be, to are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines are is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Don'T Be So Quick To Pick Them Up;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.