This is an analysis of the poem Discreeted Deceit Defeats You that begins with:
Your shame now shows a blemish.
You would like to diminish, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbbXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 1110010 0010001 101011 11000101010 01101 001001010 10001011 1010111001 0101010001100 11011111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 374
- Average number of words per stanza: 63
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Discreeted Deceit Defeats You;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Pick Up The Pieces Of The Mess That's Made
- Analysis of We Will Find A Way Out
- Analysis of Save That Energy