This is an analysis of the poem Discipline And Acceptance that begins with:
The only escape left to face,
From a decay that persists to exist......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABAcdebdfef afXX ABAagbegcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,4,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01001101 0001101001 011001010 1010010101001 00110000111 001001101 1101001 01010101 101001 101111100 010101011001 101101010010 01011001 10110101000101 1101001010010110 01001101 0001101001 011001010 001101010 0101010001 001000011 101010110 01001101100 11010001 0111000010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, as are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Discipline And Acceptance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Hoping With My Fingers Crossed
- Analysis of With A Dismissing Quickly
- Analysis of Only One Way