This is an analysis of the poem Disappointed that begins with:
The best way to avoid,
Something allowed to exist......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABABBC baXbaXXABABBC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011001 1001001 11110001 010010 1110100 10100011010010 11001 111001011010 010100101 0100101001011010 100100101 10100001010110 011001 1001001 11110001 010010 1110100 10100011010010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 198
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Disappointed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Expected To Deliver
- Analysis of Peace Like A Sermon Heard Preached
- Analysis of Impersonal Third Person Invitations