This is an analysis of the poem Disappear that begins with:
There's nothing available for you here.
Take your feet off the welcome mat......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaabXcXdcXbb aXdXXacXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100100111 11110101 1011101 11010111 10101101 0101111110011 01111111 111010101 1110110 11101101 10101010 1101110101 1101111 1010011111 111 0110 111111011 110101001100 1101001111 101 101 101 101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 352
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase that connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Disappear;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.