This is an analysis of the poem Deed Delivery that begins with:
They would like to think of themselves as allstars,
But their stances...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXc ddea X XbXbdbXb eXceeaXccbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,1,8,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101001110 1110 10100100010 0100010100 001010 1011101 010111110011 10011110001 1100011 100101011000 11111 1111 101000111101 101010111 11010111 101101000010 10100101110 10100011011101 1010 0010100101000 1001110100 01011101010 100100101 111101 00101011010 10110111010 1001001 1 0100111100110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 220
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; would, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Deed Delivery;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.