This is an analysis of the poem Dear Father In Heaven that begins with:
The gifts I have been given,
Were to not keep to go unwrapped....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccXbXdd aeaXXddXeefbfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111010 00110101 1101110 10100011001 01110001 010101 0110100 1111101010110 111101010001001 0111101 11101011011 110010 111011010111 100111010 111011010101 110 001000101101101 010101010111 1101010100100011 1010100111101 100011100100110 0101111010101010 111000101 111100 10
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 477
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dear Father In Heaven;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of As A Result Of Envy
- Analysis of Mental Beatings
- Analysis of Unaware Of The Insignificance