This is an analysis of the poem Crucial Are These Magic Moments that begins with:
If there's nothing on your mind.
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbB acb DBC BcD XabCC DBC BcD X AbBCC DBC BbccdB CCbCCXBCCb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,5,3,3,1,5,3,6,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110111 011 01 10011101 11 10 10111010 1111 111101 01110111 111011111 1101111100 1001 1101 1110 0010 00110 10111010 1111 111101 01110111 11011111 1101111100 10011010100 0110111 111 01 0010 00110 10111010 1111 111101 01110111 1101 1111 1101 111100 01 0010 00110 0110 0010 00110 01 0010 00110 11
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 81
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, to are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines moment is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Crucial Are These Magic Moments;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Just Don'T Find 'Anything' To Pick
- Analysis of My Benefactor Of Love
- Analysis of Read My Poetry