This is an analysis of the poem Contributions Made By Others that begins with:
When will they find peace?
'When they find something about themselves, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a BX X BX cB BX XbX cBXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,1,2,2,2,3,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 111100101 110 1011010100 111100101 110 1010100101 110101110 111100101 110 1 1011100101 11 110100101 110101110 11110100101010 1010111 01110100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 73
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Contributions Made By Others;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.