This is an analysis of the poem Connecticut Basketball that begins with:
Dribble and reap....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcBDEF GXGX hfXiij GXGX ABcBDEF jkkj eXded GXGX hkheddl lX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,6,4,7,4,5,4,7,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 1011 1 101 111101 011 01111111 11 10 11 101 100101 1101 010001 1011 10011101 11111011 11 10 11 101 11 1011 1 101 111101 011 01111111 1010101 101010 0101 1101 101 10 10101 0100101 101 11 10 11 101 1000 0011110 1001010101 101001010101 101010111000100 1010000100 10100110 1101011110 1
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; woof is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines connecticut is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Connecticut Basketball;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.