This is an analysis of the poem Confidence To Pride that begins with:
I sought many years ago,
To stop thinking of myself......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbbccacbXdebed aXXffcdccdXceccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110001 0110011 111111110 110010 1101010 000 110100001 001001101 001000101 11111011110 10101000010001 010110001001 01111011 010111 1110010100 0110010010100 110101010011101 10110010 1101010111010 01001011001 1011110010 11010001 1000111010100 1101101101 1101001111 010001010101 1110000011011 11101010010 111 111010110 101011001010010 010101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 622
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, it, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Confidence To Pride;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of You Can't Juggle To Then Dribble
- Analysis of Fortune Would Spoil My Hunger
- Analysis of 2016