This is an analysis of the poem Committed To Ignorance that begins with:
The dumbing further down,
Of a dumbdowning done......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABcCbA ccdXX AABcCbA XXecd XeXXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,5,7,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101 001001 1010100100 01 11100010 101000 1100 11001 10111 1001111100 010010 101111101 010101 001001 1010100100 01 11100010 101000 1100 01000100 001001 11100100 110111 011 11001001 10100100 0100110101 01001 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Committed To Ignorance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Perhaps If I Fantasized
- Analysis of The Wonderful Thing About Critics
- Analysis of A Representation Of Their Interpretation