This is an analysis of the poem Come With Me Now that begins with:
Come with me now....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCDaBEFD aXfdfX aBCDaBEFD gHgfhXaBGHaBGh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,6,9,14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1011 1101100 011111 1 1011 1100110 11010111 011001101 1101010 01011 101010001 0111111 111 1101001 1 1011 1101100 011111 1 1011 1100110 11010111 011001101 01 00111 01 011110 01 1 1011 101 00111 1 1011 101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; come, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words come, cut are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase come connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Come With Me Now;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.