This is an analysis of the poem Coincidental that begins with:
If I had not been there,
For several people......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xab XXac dcbaXcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 011101 110010 11111001 110 11 1 101100100 01 11101011010 011 101010 0 111 00101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 96
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Coincidental;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Into Their Outer Selves
- Analysis of The Caretaker Of Unity
- Analysis of Whatever It Takes To Participate