This is an analysis of the poem Chosen Exceptions that begins with:
What is it with people,
Who make self righteous claims......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcc bcXXX ddbXb abXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100010 111101 01011 11011110 0100101 11110010 0011001101 001000101 01010010 01010010111 101011 11101000101 0101110011101 00101100111010 10001111101 111010 10010110010010 0010110 10010111010 0010110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chosen Exceptions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.