This is an analysis of the poem Choosing To Walk On The Right Path that begins with:
Choosing to walk on the right path,
Is going to have its obstacles....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABbcXX AdXeXed ABXceeXb AffbaXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,8,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011011 010010100 01000101 001010 110010 001001 10011011 0011001011 0110101 010001 11100010 1 10100111 10011011 010010100 111010100 11110 101110001 01010101 001101 1101010101 10011011 011001001 1101 11111111 0011 01000 001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 208
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word choosing at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Choosing To Walk On The Right Path;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.