This is an analysis of the poem Childish Minds that begins with:
Childish minds finding time to play,
The same games and excuses used......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacbc Xdabde X XXe XbbaffbeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,1,3,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101 01110101 0110101001 01000 00100111 1010 111101010 101010001011 0010011001 11001010010 1101001101 0010011110100 1110101101000 1 1010 1101110 1111010001 1010010 1101 101 1011100010 01011110 01111 000111111010 110111010110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 162
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Childish Minds;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.