This is an analysis of the poem Breast Fed that begins with:
Sacrificing the expected,
To be the unaccepted self...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbccXaXbaaXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10100010 00010001 10 010011 101 0101 11011101 1111 1001 11001 010111110 0110100100 11101100011 01001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 365
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Breast Fed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Mentally Blocked And Forgotten
- Analysis of Charade Of Parading Unconsciousness
- Analysis of They Could Find No Match