This is an analysis of the poem Before Proving Themselves Capable that begins with:
The one main advantage someone has,
In living amongst others......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbca bdedcfb cbecgcXgXceh XX bf X h XXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,12,2,2,1,1,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010111 0100110 11010011 1100010100 01010100011 101010001 10101000010100 010100 1101001110110 101010001010 1100010100 010101101 0010010 010001000101 1 0100100 101111010 101100001 1100101000100 110011001010 10101 011001100 0101110101001 10100100111001 001010110010 00111101010101 1011011011 110111101011 10110110110 1100100111 101111110 111110010101 1 010101 11 111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase yes connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Before Proving Themselves Capable;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Believing Themselves Exceptions
- Analysis of Today And Not Yesterday
- Analysis of How Thankful I Am