This is an analysis of the poem Attempting To Do It Respectfully that begins with:
I perceive what I witness,
As a fact of urban life....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX XXX aXbb XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,4,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011110 1010101 11100101010 0100010001111 1111100 11111111 11101101 11 011101 101011010 010101011010 1 111001010010 1000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Attempting To Do It Respectfully;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Introducing Of Facts
- Analysis of Spellbound And Tantalized
- Analysis of Sitting In Opposition