This is an analysis of the poem Assuming To Know that begins with:
Assuming to know what it takes,
To make something from nothing...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdabebacebfe ffcgXedX ehgg gddXX hXeeaeXfXdiiddcgXdafae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,8,4,5,22,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001101 0110010 01001 1111101 0010010 110010 011001 0111010 101100 1101 011001 1100100 01001010 010001 11001 00100110 1 1110001 01011000 0110010 010010 1100101 11111 11101 01100 110 101111 111010 1010 110101 01101 110010 111010 10101 1001101 1010001 11101 1 100010 10101 1110101 101 10110 11111 1100011 00101 1101010 1010 10101010 01 0110110 01001 00100010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 251
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, it are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Assuming To Know;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.