This is an analysis of the poem Assigned Stereotypes that begins with:
I never will understand,
People afraid to declare their heritage....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbccaabXdXbcXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100101 10010011100 010101010 111101 0001010110 1010011101 1001110101 100101010 111010110 101010001 01100100 1010000111010 001110100 111010110101 0101011001010 11101011110100 00100111001010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 674
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Assigned Stereotypes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.