This is an analysis of the poem Asking God that begins with:
Something 'intentionally' done,
Can be forgiven....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccXXcXbXddX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10100001 10010 001 0111 11011101 0100110 10110010101 101 10101 1101 01011101 10 11111 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 336
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Asking God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.