This is an analysis of the poem As Soon As The Frozen Snow Melts To Go that begins with:
Frozen is the snow.
Melting it will go, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcXbcXa aAAAXaAAA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001 10001 01 1010101 110101 11 10011 01 0011101 10111 00101101 1110101 101 11010101 00101101 1110101 101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word go at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of As Soon As The Frozen Snow Melts To Go;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of All I Have To Do Is The Work
- Analysis of A Stinging From A Venomous Tongue
- Analysis of If I Really Cared For You