This is an analysis of the poem Annointed To Oppose that begins with:
Persistence with a consistency to uncover the unknown,
Can sometimes irritate those being shown......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbc acXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100001000010001 1011011101 1101001011010 001111101001 00100010111110 11011000100101 100101111010100 00101110111 100110100001 0100101011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 259
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Annointed To Oppose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Some Lessons You Should Try Better To Learn
- Analysis of Decades Gone
- Analysis of 'Why Are Your Eyes Fixed On Me? '