This is an analysis of the poem An Insight Enlightened that begins with:
When you get tired of flying,
Let go and untie from the kite....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcaa daedfd cgefc cgghbe HXHafaXchaccaggcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,5,6,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110010 11101001 010101011 01101 110010 01101 111100101 101001 101010101 11111 01110 110101101 01001 001010 110101 00010110 110101110100 011010101 10100111010 01000010 111010001001 0100011011 1000101 0101 10010101 0101 10111 110101 0100101111 1 101011 010111001 1100111010 010001 010101001 10011110 0101110 11110101100 010100010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 201
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same words when, sometimes at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase and connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Insight Enlightened;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.