This is an analysis of the poem An Enriching Life To Live that begins with:
Those awakening to find,
How refreshing it is to mind one's own business......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDEFBG Xhdbai jghigbjX gbeih gkXfXga hhhbX gbk ABCDEFBG XXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,8,5,7,5,3,8,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010001 101000011110 01001010 1010101 111101 00101101001 110101010 01101110001000 110001 111011010010 1011111 0010111100 1001010101 0010011011101 11010011010 0110101110010 101111 010110111 100111010101 1010011 10111100010 1111001010100000 111111 101010101010 101111000 101101 1010010101111 1110011 11 101 11110101 0101101 1010101001000 10010 11 1111010101001 010110011 1110001010101 10111101100 11010011 11110 11 1010001 101000011110 01001010 1010101 111101 00101101001 110101010 01101110001000 1110100 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 179
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The author used the same word those at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase interests connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Enriching Life To Live;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.