This is an analysis of the poem Agent Provocateur (The Engaging Age) that begins with:
The engaging age,
Whether transparent or not....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXdebXd fgdXgXfcfc fhifehf ccgbieXXhdcadcbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,10,7,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00101 1001011 111100 00101000 010100 1011101 001001 0100 110100 010001010 01111010 110100 01011 11010101 0101001 100101 10010 11010001 10011 010100001 01 011111 010100 011001 11111 111101 10101 10111 1000101 1101 11110 1100101 1010110 111011 1 1100100 01100 000101 00100 1111110 010010 001001 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 264
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Agent Provocateur (The Engaging Age);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.