This is an analysis of the poem A Mind Staying Limited that begins with:
Keeping busy doing something,
Other thinking of yourself......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcX ABcX BD cXc ABcXBD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,2,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1010010 100 00101 10101010 1010010 100 01101 0110100101 011 001010101000111 1011100 010001 10101010 1010010 100 0110100101 011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 76
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Mind Staying Limited;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of With Attempts To Eliminate
- Analysis of I'D Be Lost Without You
- Analysis of That Which Is The Wish