This is an analysis of the poem A Meeting Of Acceptable Standards that begins with:
The only people heard 'continually' expressing,
Their entitlements expected have been neglected......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbbdbd XXXcdacb XX efafeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,2,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011000010 1010001010010 1101101 1111100111 0010111001 10110100 010001110101 11110101111 101010010100 10101101100 111001010101 10100001001 00100010010 0101110 0001000110010100 010111000010 1 11101101100 100010011010 110 110000010 01101001010 11011 1110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; have, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Meeting Of Acceptable Standards;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.