This is an analysis of the poem A Broken Heart Within that begins with:
A broken heart within me knows,
What loneliness is......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABA CACDA EFCDFg GAGHII EFCDFg AABA CACDAXGAGHII
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,6,6,6,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111 11000 1001010 1101010010 01001011001 1100 010001 001 0010101 0111010100 11010010 1111101 1110001 0010101010 01 11 1011 100101 1010001001 001010001 010001011 0111010100 11010010 1111101 1110001 0010101010 01 01010111 11000 1001010 1101010010 01001011001 1100 010001 001 0010101 11 1011 100101 1010001001 001010001 010001011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Broken Heart Within;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.