This is an analysis of the poem End Of Autumn that begins with:
The last stork flew off, majestic and forlorn,
Soaring over the snowy mountains at the break of day,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXb cadd bcaX Xdad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111010101 10100101010101 101010100101 10010010110101001 110101011011 0101000111010 1100011110010111 00101010101 0101010101110 011110101 101110010101 10101011101 1110101110110 101010111 1010100101 01011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 204
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of End Of Autumn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.