This is an analysis of the poem The Stream’s Song that begins with:
Make way, make way,
You thwarting stones;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab Xbcb Xded caXa Xaaa fbeb cbXb fbcb Xeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 1101 1111 1001 1111 11110 01110 11110 1111 1111 0111 1101 101110 1011 0111 1111 1101 1101 101001 101011 1010 101 1111 1101 10110 0101 01110 1101 1101 11110 11110 110010 11110 1111 1111 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 76
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 18 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Stream’s Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.