This is an analysis of the poem God that begins with:
I am God—
Without one friend,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabaXaacXXbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 0111 0101100 1011 011110 1011 1111 11011 01 101 10110 100010 11110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 228
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 17 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.