This is an analysis of the poem The Moon Flower that begins with:
I know a valley- through its solitude
A brown road winds towards a mountain crest;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXccccbddbdaaXebbecccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010101 0111010101 1101110101 11011100100 0111010101 0101110101 1101110101 1011010001 0101000101 11101010001 0100010111 1000111101 1011010001 10011010101 1111100101 1110010100 11010111 1100011101 1001010001 1101000101 1001110101 1011010101 1101010101 0101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 981
- Average number of words per stanza: 173
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moon Flower;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.