This is an analysis of the poem To The Ladies. that begins with:
WIFE and servant are the same,
But only differ in the name : ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbbbbbccddddbbeeffffcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 11010001 11110101 11010101 11010111 11110111 11110101 11011111 11110111 11001101 11010111 0010111 11110111 11010101 11010101 11010101 11111101 11011101 11010111 100101101 11111101 11010101 10101101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 877
- Average number of words per stanza: 158
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Ladies.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.