This is an analysis of the poem Peter Colbiornsen that begins with:
'Fore Fredereksteen King Carl he lay
With mighty host ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme:
- Stanza lengths (in strings):
- Closest metre:
- Сlosest rhyme:
- Сlosest stanza type:
- Guessed form:
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 81
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word norsemen at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Peter Colbiornsen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Knud Lyne Rahbek
- Analysis of The Women Of Denmark
- Analysis of Nu Bort Med Alskens Politik
- Analysis of Hver, Som Hylder Muntre Glæder