This is an analysis of the poem Her, Hvor Vi Forsamles Til Glæde that begins with:
Her, hvor vi forsamles til Glæde,
saa mangen en Broder og sad,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XXXX XXXX XXXa XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110011 11011011 11011111 11110101 10111010 1111111 111110111 10111111 111111110 1100101 11110100 1111111 11011111 111111 11111010 11111111 1111101 1100101 1111111 1111111 11110100 1011010 11111110 11100001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, ved are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word end is repeated.
The author used the same word men at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her, Hvor Vi Forsamles Til Glæde;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Knud Lyne Rahbek
- Analysis of En Skaal For Hver, Hvis Hjerte Og Hvis Haand
- Analysis of Der Var En Lov I Grækenland
- Analysis of Brødre! Lader Sangen Stige!