This is an analysis of the poem Nero that begins with:
That people which bestowed victory upon Nero
is more deserving of shame than he....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcccdXXbdXXXcaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011000110 010100111 111101110 1111100 0111111 110111110100 110111010011 10010101 111011011 0101010011 0100101011111 001010 1011011010 100110111001 10010010110 0111101110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 628
- Average number of words per stanza: 115
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nero;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.