This is an analysis of the poem The Criminal V that begins with:
A young man of strong body, weakened by hunger, sat on the walker's portion of the street stretching his hand toward all who passed, begging and...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X X X X aXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110110101101101010001100101111101010010111110101001100010111000101001010 111011101101111101010 110011110010111100111100111001010101101100011111011100111110101111010101100111011111001001111010111010101111111010101010111111001111101110111110 10100101110111011101101101010100 001011101101110001010110011101001001110001010101011101010111101111010101011011110010101110100011111010010100 0100100101010101001111101110110010111011001010110101101011011110101 010110100101001001110001100111011011001011010101010101001000101101011011 110110010010011000010111000101110101001001111101000101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 287
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 288 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 52
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, his, he, me, i, to, but, of, from, all, hand, while, hunger, by, in, it, humanity are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Criminal V;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Khalil Gibran
- Analysis of Song Of Love Xxiv
- Analysis of Song Of The Soul Xxii
- Analysis of Song Of The Flower Xxiii