This is an analysis of the poem Pan At Lane Cove that begins with:
SCALY with poison, bright with flame,
Great fungi steam beside the gate, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdaXaefffbebegddXdXdgbXdXdbdbheeechch
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 11010101 11001111 11011101 11010101 110001001 11010111 11110101 11011111 11110101 110001001 11110111 11110111 01010010 11011101 01110111 11111111 11110101 111100101 11110100 01110011 11010011 11011101 11111111 11011111 01110101 11000001 11010110 11011101 01011101 11001101 11011111 01010111 11011101 01010111 0100101 11000101 11001101 11010101 110100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1425
- Average number of words per stanza: 245
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; blow is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pan At Lane Cove;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.