This is an analysis of the poem The Cloth Of The Tempest that begins with:
These of living emanate a formidable light,
Which is equal to death, and when used ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcaXXadedafgXb gafXXhbXbXf eaiedacXahgbXdXai
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,11,17,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1010101010001 101001111 1010100 110001011 01111111100 11001000100 10010101001 0101100101 000101001010 100110010101010 11100111 0111010 011100100010 111010101001 11101001 11010100010 101011101010 1010110101 1001010001001 1101000100 1100110101 111010010110 11 01110010 10111100101 11110111 1010100 01001100101 110010101 1101101010 1101010101 0101100101 110111100 11010101010 101101010011 10011101011 10010100001010 101010011 101010100100001 0101100101 11101 010011 01001001111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 568
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, what are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cloth Of The Tempest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Kenneth Patchen
- Analysis of The Snow Is Deep On The Ground
- Analysis of Be Music, Night
- Analysis of The Rites Of Darkness